Transcendence

The journey within

Wonder

Suns have arisen and the blankets of stars are out.
I can see, that we've immersed ourselves, in a field
Away from all of this chaos. 
I only need to escape from the mundane
For a moment to cross over parallel universes.

Does this happen? That oceans and sands, stars and leaves
Are enough company?
There are sleeping villages to wake
And caves filled with fireflies to see

Slow, slow - there is time ahead, it seems
But in fact, is there any? 
A decade to this year, has gone by so quick. 
I've grown, but not in built
If the soul could show it's 
Greys and wrinkles, tell you it's tales,
You would see what I mean.

Maybe there isn't a we, and it will always be me.
On treks and walks under starry skies,
I'll see the Aurora Borealis, like I said I would 
On my bucket list, but think, 
Is this beauty still as beautiful 
If not shared?
From the largest of oceans, to the whitest of sands
I revere each sight I am blessed with
But as I do, a corner of my heart
Sighs in a murmur
Would what I see, be fuller with beauty
Had our fingers by now,
Found each other.

© Sneha Singh 2016


0 comments:

Post a Comment